Uvula is actually placed on the back of tongue. It is bell-shaped soft palate which plays a most important role in speech. Uvula supports the food to swallow and prevents bacteria and infection entering into body. A Swollen Uvula therefore creates a problem in chewing food, swallowing food, water into stomach. Mostly people know it as tonsils, but it is not true. Here is the proper info about causes of swollen inflamed uvula and treatments.
Causes of Swollen Uvula
Swollen Uvula happens due to damage of mucus membrane that is present surround the Uvula. It is also called as Uvilitis. Uvilitis can occur due to many things
- Bacterial or viral infection. This happens due to viral infection, if someone having Uvilitis it can viral others.
- Excess use of tobacco, cigarette can lead to this disease.
- Due to frequent snoring
- Acid r reflux
- Common cold
Remedies to treat Swollen Uvula
- It occurs mostly due to dehydration. Take lots of fluids, water, juices to rehydrate the Uvula.
- A sore throat or we can say tonsillitis can become the second good cause for Uvilitis. Use salt water and gargle every half n hour and don’t drink regular water after this gargle.
- If you still don’t get it, please consult the ENT specialist. They will give you the antibiotics proper dose which will help to treat Uvula faster.
- In allergic reaction steroids become the best solution for reducing pain, inflammation and redness.
- If still swelling occurs it can be treated with epinephrine or adrenaline injection.
- Instead of salt-water gargles you can also gargle the apple cider vinegar water in warm water.
- Turmeric is the best antibacterial herbal remedy for treating sore throat condition. Take a glass of warm water mix turmeric and pinch of salt. Take it in the night before you go to sleep.
- Basil leaves also helps in preventing inflammation and treating Uvilitis.
- If you are drinking or smoking, please stop it immediately till Uvilitis doesn’t get cured.
So here are the causes of swollen uvula and herbal remedies for it. All these best home remedies can also used to remove the cough and cold. This is a non-toxic and safest way to cure Uvilitis.