Evening of awards and prizes, the one organized by Apple yesterday to announce the best applications of 2019. Every year the Cupertino group publishes a ranking of all those software that, for various reasons, have been distinguished by public diffusion and preferences. For the 2019 edition, not only has the company organized a small event in New York, but it has also launched a new initiative: that of the Apple Music Awards, with Billie Eilish as the most representative artist of the year.
As already mentioned, every year the company of Apple Park rewards those applications that are characterized by functionality and diffusion, with a sort of ranking for App Store. And 2019 is no exception, with several titles that have become cult both in terms of productivity and gaming. So he explained Phil Schiller, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing:
We are excited to announce such a diverse group of winners of the App Store in 2019, demonstrating that exceptional design and creativity come from big developers as well as small, and from every corner of the world. We congratulate all the winners and thank them for making 2019 the best year to date for the App Store.
It starts with the category of applications for iPhone, iPad and Mac, where among the best proposals of the year are:
- Specter Camera by Lux Optics: an AI camera that allows anyone to get spectacular high-exposure images;
- Flow by Moleskine: a digital notebook, complete with the most varied instruments, for taking notes or drawing;
- Affinity Publisher of Serif Labs: a professional software, but accessible to all, to create splendid digital publications.
Among the games, instead, they are listed:
- Sky: Children of the Light, game of the year for iPhone;
- Hyper Light Drifter, game of the year for iPad;
- Gris, game of the year for Mac.
- Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Apple TV game of the year;
- Sayonara Wild Hearts, Apple Arcade game of the year.
At the same time, Apple announced its first Apple Music Awards, the awards for artists who have distinguished themselves over the year on the Apple Music streaming platform of the same name. The award ceremony will take place on December 4th at 6.30pm in the San Francisco area, with a streaming event from the Steve Jobs Theater, where Billie Eilish will perform. Below is the list of 2019 winners:
- Artist of the Year: Bilie Eilish;
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year: Lizzo;
- Song of the Year: "Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X.